Dark Sky Weather

App Detail » Dark Sky Weather

Published by: Jackadam

  • App Category: Weather
  • Release Date: 2012-04-16
  • Current Version: 5.2.9
  • Adult Rating: 4+
  • File Size: 19.86 MB
  • Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
  • Price: $3.99

Dark Sky Weather
App Rating: 4/5
4
Based on 11,091 Reviews
Buy now: $3.99

App Screenshots (Click to enlarge)

App Description

Dark Sky can tell you at a glance exactly when it will rain (or snow) up to an hour in advance, so you’re free to walk the dog or run out to lunch and know you’ll stay dry. You can also explore the most beautiful weather animation you’ve ever seen, both forward in time or back. (Dark Sky is available in the US, UK and Ireland.) YOUR WEATHER, DOWN TO THE MINUTE Using GPS, Dark Sky is able to create forecasts for your precise location, giving you minute-by-minute predictions for the next hour and hour-by-hour forecasts for the next day and week. BEAUTIFUL WEATHER ANIMATIONS The same technology that powers Dark Sky’s predictions also allows us to make the world’s first perfectly smooth radar animation. Other apps show you a chunky slideshow that makes it nearly impossible to tell how storms are moving. But Dark Sky’s radar animation lets you see the actual path of the storm: how it moved in the past, and where it’s going in the future. PUSH NOTIFICATIONS Dark Sky comes with advanced notification options: Receive down-to-the-minute alerts before it starts raining at your exact location, get notified of government severe weather alerts (for such things as thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes, etc), or even create your own custom notifications covering the next 24 hours for things like temperature, wind, precipitation and more. Even if you haven't opened the app in days, Dark Sky will tell you what you need to know, when you need to know it. TODAY WIDGET The Dark Sky Notification Center Widget tells you at a glance what's going to happen in the next hour and the next week, so you don't even have to unlock your phone to quickly check the weather before heading out. APPLE WATCH Dark Sky looks great on your wrist. Get notifications and check out the weather for the next week with the Dark Sky app built from scratch for Apple Watch.

App Reviews

  • Somebody finally figured out the best way to present the weather!

    5
    By PNOC
    Dark Sky is hands-down the best weather app around. It is simple concise efficient and present the information upfront with clear graphics. All my other weather apps just sit there for now, I rarely ever use them.
  • I check every, all day

    5
    By DRose MVP 2012
    Best weather app hands down!
  • Less capable than the web site

    3
    By Pinball Lizard
    It's nice to have a Today widget, but the app lacks inches of rain fall and the time-traveling feature that the web site has.
  • Great when it works

    1
    By Tjh111
    Forecasts for me have been quite good about 10% of the time. The other 90% I consistently get the message "Next hour forecast unavailable radar is down". Doesn't work when I need it.
  • A MUST HAVE WEATHER APP

    5
    By Music Knowledgeable
    Great for plan planning any outdoor activity. Be that a party, hiking, golf or boating.
  • Great weather app

    5
    By Turk5252
    Well worth the money.
  • Temps run cool, map should locally default

    3
    By evelyn7221
    My friend used to rave about this app, especially when it was only $1.99. For in price increase though I'm a little disappointed after buying a few weeks ago. The temperature predictions always run a few degrees lower than my local TV weather predictions, and the TV usually ends up being closer to right. I also really wish the radar map would default to a view that's just a little more local and useful that "global". Maybe a ~300 radius to start with? It's cumbersome to have to pinch and zoom every time I want to check the local radar.
  • Love the updates

    4
    By Trophy_98
    So far I love the updates and the ability to make weather reports. Only time will tell if the information is accurate. I would have rated 5 stars except for the fact that as I was checking out the app as soon as I downloaded it it crashed. And it kept crashing. Now it just randomly crashes I-Phone 4S. As of 9/16/17 it is still a great weather app with occasional crashes on my iphone 5s.
  • Best weather app

    5
    By bro12345621
    I love how it knows exactly when rain will start and end.
  • Can't beat

    5
    By Owhatagooseiam
    I'm amazed at the accuracy of the alerts. Can't beat this app.

App Comments

keyboard_arrow_up